Instructors starting out need to figure a few things out and can acquire a lot additional items over time for their classroom
The first requirement would be to come up with a name for the training. It could be Joe’s Firearm Training or you could decide to come up with a different kind of name like American Defense Training.
Continue reading What do you need as a new instructor
If you are a USCCA certified instructor this is good new.
The USCCA just received approval from the Kentucky State Police that they will accept the USCCA CCW course for the Kentucky CCDW license.
A written confirmation is being sent to the USCCA from the Kentucky State Police and this will be posted on the USCCAInstructors.com website once they receive it.
Note: this is only for the Concealed Carry (CCW) class and the Home Defense and Basic Firearms Class.
Whether it’s Twitter, Facebook, SnapChat, or another social networking app every day we see where people get into trouble because of what they say.
Sometimes it’s someone in Hollywood making headlines because they have said something that offends people. Other times it’s a politician who has done something they wish they hadn’t. Yes it’s embarrassing but doesn’t create a legal problem for them.
Continue reading What NOT to say on Social Media
We’ve updated our website to make it easier to navigate and to find materials for both students and instructors.
- The biggest update is you will be able to see our blog posts on the front page now and we’re committed to blogging more about self defense and training.
- Our class schedule is now under the events tab. The only events you will see on the web page are the a couple of upcoming events.
- We’ll also be able to be more timely in our articles about current events. The best way to understand how training applies is to take real life events and break down the good, the bad, and the ugly so we can learn.
- Past readers will note that from time to time we would put offers in emails going out to people. Then people would delete the email and wouldn’t be able to find the offers. We fixed that by placing the ads on our website where it’s easy to find. These are vendors that we have purchased from ourselves and endorse their products.
- The schedule is now available to download and print. It’s broken up into student classes and instructor classes. Plus you can download a flyer if that’s easier for you to use or pass around.
- We are also offering a free home security checklist for new visitors to our website. It’s something that everyone can use in making sure their home is secure as possible.
Feel free to let us know what you think by emailing us at Info@AmericanDefenseTraining.us
The USCCA has an affiliate program where that allows you to earn money by referring them to their products.
To get setup follow these steps. You do not have to be a USCCA member or instructor to register.
- Go to the USCCA Affiliate web page to get registered: http://affiliates.deltamediallc.com/signup/7171
- You will receive an email from the USCCA when you are setup.
After being setup you can view the offers from the USCCA by logging back into the affiliate site. Select the offers you want and the USCCA will give you the graphics and links to use on a website or send in an email.
It’s that simple and something that you should take advantage of if your are recommending USCCA products to your students.